Thursday, December 11, 2008

Snowmen are Bad News by James Chan

(A READER BECOMES A WRITER...I HAVE TO ADMIT I AM PROUD)

My name is Jake. I love Christmas! But I don't like snowmen at all! I've had problems with them. Big problems! Let me tell you. It all started with me building a snowman. "There," I said, putting the finishing touch to my snowman. I went inside to warm up. My Mom had made hot chocoalte. I sat down, drank my hot chocolate and went to bed.
The next morning I went out to look at my snowman. When I looked around the corner, he was gone. I looked all over for him. I found him with ten other snowmen sliding down the street! When they saw me they started sliding towards me. I noticed one of the snowmen with a lightning strike across his chest. My snowman!! All the other snowmen had lightning strikes across their chests. But not as big as my snowmans.
I ran back to my house and called my friends Zack, Jack and Annie. They were over at my house quicker then lightning. I told them what I had seen. "We have to make up a plan quickly," I said, "And we can't tell anybody- okay?" "Okay," they said. "Zack, you're the smart one, you make up the plan." Zack said, "I've alread got one."
That night they all crept out of the house. "I hope this works," I said. "It will," said Zack, "I'm sure of it." We found the snowmen in the woods behind my house. "There are even more of them then last time," I whispered. "You got the hot chocolate ready?" "Yep," whispered Zack, "Okay, on three...one, two, three, GO," I shouted. Annie jumped out from behind a tree, "Hey you big fat snowman, over here." The snowmen started sliding to where Annie was. "Now!," shouted Annie. Zack and I dumped a huge container of hot chocolate from a tree branch. "Agh!!," screamed the snowmen.
When it was over we went back inside and fell asleep. The next day Zack, Jack, and Annie went home. I went back inside and opened the hot chocolate cupboard. "Hey, where's all the hot chocolate?," I asked myself. Then I thought...It was real after all.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

way to go James!

Allison said...

Wow....what a great story! Way to go, James! Mommy has every right to be proud!

Paul and Angela Baird said...

This is darling!