Friday, December 26, 2008

Nutcracker

I had my doubts about leaving the boys behind for 2 days--I was afraid I might come home to a bunch of xbox zombies--but Emma and I had a delightful weekend in Seattle with Jamie!
It started with an 8 hour drive to Seattle. Emma read to me from the back seat as we waited for the pass to open. We played ro-sham-bo as we were stuck in Seattle traffic. And ate lots of carrots and bagels because that's all boring Mom brought in the car. At one point I handed Emma the camera and told her to take pictures...she really wanted pictures of someone putting chains on their car.




















We made it in one piece- stopped for dinner at Dick's--then headed to Jamie's cute townhouse in Seattle! We walked to this darling cupcake store and bought cupcakes. Went back to the apartment to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" while playing a couple games of Sorry- in which Emma stomped us! She really does have some freaky knack for winning that game!


















On Saturday we went up to the awesome outlet Malls- somewhere North-- then made it back to Jamie's house in time to get ready for our big night! Jamie did-up Emma's hair and as we drove to the Spaghetti Factory it started to snow! Yeah!



















Dinner was yummy...then on to the nutcracker. Jamie had talked me into wearing these really amazingly cute fancy shoes---but about 10 yards into our walk towards the theatre I ended up walking barefoot in the snow. My feet were killing me! Big flat runners feet are not made for fancy shoes! There's one picture below of Jamie twirling Emma during intermission- I love it!











Sunday we were planning on going to church with Jamie to hear her sing in her ward choir- but I was so worried after our trip over the pass that we woke up early and headed over. And we've been snowed in ever since! It was a wonderful weekend. Emma is such a good girl and I was so glad to be able to give her this experience! I hope she remembers it forever- even if she doesn't necessarily remember the Nutcracker...just being together!
This last picture is on our car trip home- which wasn't an easy drive but easier then Friday's.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Love the picture of Emma and Jamie spinning!

dots said...

You are such a fun mom!! Creating those memories for Emma...