Thursday, July 9, 2009

SOLD! on our "PLANS"















I am so far behind in keeping up with this blog. I had the glamorous idea of doing a post a day to keep track of all the summer fun. Hello! I'm already 30 days behind that plan! But is has been a nice month...and I already feel gloomy that July is almost half way only. I knew this summer would fly by- I just didn't realize we'd be at mock speed. Yes- time is mocking me:)

I decided for the time being to unprivitize my blog- just in case we forget to tell someone- anyone- our "plans"- that are unfolding- or should I say unraveling- at a much quicker pace then we ever dreamed. We put our house on the market last week- last Tuesday- to be exact. Thinking that we would have a few months to get things in order- to let people know that we were going to move etc. We got an offer on Wednesday. Yes- we sold our house in less then 24 hours- and for higher then asking price. Our jaws are still on the floor. Especially in this "time of economic woe." We feel very blessed- and very stressed. I have spent the last two days on the phone- on the internet- on the streets looking for a place to put my family for the next year. My concern is to keep things as normal as we can- especially for my little Adam who has such a hard time adapting to change. And he will be at a new school- so to move him from place to place would just put him on the fritz- which would put our whole family on the fritz. He has sweetened up so much lately and really seems to be getting a handle on life- I feel like we're knocking him down just when he's getting up. Long story short- there is nothing to rent in Kennewick for under about $1200.00 a month, that will fit my family and I won't feel like I'm dodging bullets! That's almost twice as much as my mortage right now! Wow-it's like San Jose all over again- except we're in Kennewick. Oh wait!! I know! We could manage an apartment complex! No one suggest that to Ted- or next thing I know we will be:) It's funny how with so many blessings come so many stressings. But I do feel richly blessed. We've been on our knees a lot saying thank you-- and could you please point us in the right direction now?! Thank you to all our family and friends who have been so loyal and supportive. I will miss my home. It has been a good home to us- if anyone wants to see a good cry just show up at my house around the 31st of July. This was a wierd post- but I needed to post something about it. Ummm, if you don't hear from us in a few months- you know why! "The best laid plans of mice and men often go ary!"

No comments: