Monday, November 24, 2008

Home sweet Home

I am so looking forward to this week! Mostly just the time I get to spend with my kids. I think that's one of the things I remember most about holidays- the time I got to spend rejuvenating myself at home. I am most definitely a home body- introvert as some people say. I think the kids have more time off in November then they do for Christmas...but I love just being home with them. We read Junie B. Jones for an hour and a half on Friday while Emma played with my hair. Today- after a quickie at the gym, where only 4 people showed up for class anyways- we've just been x-boxing and lounging. We got our good friend Hayden for the day- who could just move in with us and I'd be fine with that- and he and James are out playing football in the crisp autumn air. Adam and I have been drawing trick-or-treaters and Kyle is... well, right now he's sleeping- when he's awake he's whining... These moments just fly by too fast to waste them wondering what I could do better with my time. The best thing I can do with my time is spend it on my kids. Why is that so hard to remember...and even harder to do? I think we have to allow ourselves this "down" time- which isn't really down time in the end- it is these times our children will grow up reminiscing about in moments of stress- they'll remember quiet days at home with a Mom who got down on the floor and did nothing (gasp) but be with them.

No comments: