Sunday, March 23, 2008

HAPPY EASTER!

I am simply appalled by the lack of the recognition of the most important holiday of the year. There is absolutely no reference to the fact that it's Easter anywhere. The newspaper didn't acknowledge this day...Google made fancy letters in honor of St. Patrick's day- but not Easter...I could go on...I just feel very disheartened that it is completely ignored. And I would go on to testify that the events leading up to this day are real. That Christ was born, He lived, died, and was resurrected to save all mankind. I am embarrased by our lack of feeling, as a society, on this matter. As I grew up Easter was a simple day...not a lot of pomp. But I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that my parents had a testimony that Christ lived. We have been battling the stomach flu all week and stayed home from church today, of all days. We spread out a blanket in the kitchen and had a "soda cracker" picnic. I found all the pictures of Christ that I could from the Gospel Art picture kit and we talked about each one. I was surprised that we made it through them all. But the kids were excited to share what they knew about the pictures. The spirit was so strong as we talked about the man Jesus Christ. He lived! His life on earth was real! He lives now! And loves us! I know this with all my heart and as the world forgets or even shuns these ideas I know that we have to instill these simple truths into our children so that they in turn can share their light and knowledge with others. Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Well said....I feel the same way. This year it made me feel so sick to see all the adds with chicks and candy and ads for toys etc. I just wondered, do people really know what this holiday is even about?

I'm sorry you've been so sick. Did you finally get it too? You're a wonderful mother to have your own little Easter service and testify to your children. As always, an example to me.