Friday, February 22, 2008

Shake your what? Funny things kids say...and think!

I wish I could remember them all...every time I hear one I tell myself I'll write it down later...later happens too quickly and I'm busy doing something else. Like going to bed so I can wake up at 4:30 am. I think I'm too busy. Anyhoo...

Mr. Adam has lots of funny things to say. The other day we were reading the Eric Carle book The Cricket. We were having a very peacful nice time. I don't know if you've read it but the cricket is trying to sing throughout the whole book but he can't. Finally you turn the last page to hear "the most beautiful sound in the world," and Adam yells, "Mom! The batteries are singing!"

He also lately anwers us with "Of course sir," or "of course my lady" when we ask him to do something. We don't know where he picked that one up.

James thinks he's funny lately when he responds to me by saying, "but my Mom said I didn't have to" whenever I ask him to do something. He usually does it- but I don't think his little quirp is funny...he knows. One sweet-amazing little miracle. My beloved husband has a hard time with words. For almost 10 years now his response to my "I love you" has always been a muffled, "wu wu uou oo"- something to that effect. I noticed that James was picking up this same habit and wanted to nip it in the bud. So I told him that when I tell him I love him he needs to say, "I LOVE YOU TOO MOM" loud and clear! And he does...everytime...and it's very very nice...and I hope whoever he marries realizes what a cool Mom I am- ha! ha!

Everything that Kyle says is super cute! Because it's all so new. He'll repeat whatever we ask him to right now- with gusto!

Emma--oh sweet and pure Emma! She is so concerned with being modest. It's so wonderful. She started dance a few weeks ago with her cousins. The past few weeks on the way home from dance she's been very concerned about the song that they're doing their jazz routine to. She kept telling me that it has bad words. I kept telling her that Pam, her teacher, wouldn't pick a song that had bad words. Finally on the way home from dance the other night she said, "See Mommy! That song. It says, 'shake your boobies!' it's a bad bad song!" Ohhhh!! How I had to bite my tounge so hard not to laugh!!! The song is, "Shake your Groove Thing!" And little Emma- who still has a hard time with her g's and r's in speech...thought it was shake your boobies. We then practiced saying it over and over...she still can't say it right. And I explained what groove means...she doesn't get that either. I guess you would have had to live in the 80's. Ted and I had a great laugh over that later on!

And I have to fess up to my own funny saying. I teach a pilates class a few times a week. One of my classes is a "grab bag" class where we throw in different pieces of equipment to use. About half way through one of my classes I realized I kept saying, "grab your blue balls." I burst out laughing and everyone in my class was like, "Man...it took you long enough to catch on!" I had to watch what I called them after!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Those are all really funny! Love the "shake your boobies" and "grab your blue balls"! Poor Emma...thinking she had to dance to a song that said that!

Lisa said...

that is so funny and so sad about Emma at the same time! She's so awesome to be so concerned about that.

Paul and Angela Baird said...

Stacy...I just wanted you to know that wu wu ohou ouu!!!! Thanks for the laugh!