Friday, August 10, 2007

Take Me Out to the Ballgame!




Well, to be quite frank...the Mariners game was a bit like sacrament meeting for Ted and I-except it lasted four hours instead of an hour and ten minutes. Holding restless spinning babies in our laps was, ummmmm- you know...but it was still a blast! We got to take Dallin to his first Mariners game...and Emma was actually paying better attention then I was! She clapped and cheered whenever they hit a ball...was asking quetions. It was cute! And they won! Yeaahhhhhh!!!! It was a good game-tied for a while-they played well. And of course James was in heaven the whole time...eyes glued to Ichiro. I love going to Mariners games...I love Seattle! It was a beautiful weekend. One of those weekends that make me ache a little when I have to head back towards Eastern Washington away from the lush green trees and sparkling blue water. But I love home too! I wouldn't raise my family anywhere else as long as I can get my green fix in Seattle every few months!

3 comments:

Indiana Haffners said...

Hurray for baseball games! Oh how jealous Eric is of getting to go to a Mariners game! Today was his first day of teacher meetings - the school "daze" is officially underway. :) Love and miss all the Chans! xoxo

Allison said...

Of course I need copies of those pictures! Dallin LOVED it and it was so nice of you all to add yet one more kid to the line-up! Thanks for having him along!

Lori said...

I can totally relate. Sometimes it kills me to come back. I guess Seattle will always be home to me. A little rush hour traffic does make me feel a little better about leaving though! Go M's, glad you guys had a good time.