Sunday, July 20, 2008

2008 Excellent Adventures

Our kids have had some sweet experiences this summer---- Stuff I never dreamed up as a kid! I've already posted about a couple of them but I'm sticking old pictures in anyways....

Rock climbing with Uncle Brian!


Bishop Grover showed up in his helicopter and took the kids for a spin-- awesome!




Boating with the Evan's on Memorial Day and the Grover's on the 19th of July----








We are grateful for good friends and good times. I have felt myself relax a little bit more this summer about bedtime and "scheduled" time and have just had a really delightful time just being with my kids and getting to know them on a fun level. I find myself just lying on the floor with them in the messy playroom and chatting- or outside just playing catch with James in the morning talking about stuff. I'm really beginning to learn that the best way to capture these moments and cherish them is not to force them- but to be led by them. More and more I feel that I can sit and schedule the yin-yang out of my day- or I can just be more in tune with the spirit and be led by my day. Don't get me wrong- I still love a good schedule and a good organizing day. I'm just taking little baby steps to being a little less anal- and it feels EXCELLENT!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

thanks for all the great pictures! I can't wait to see you guys THIS WEEK!!!

Lisa said...

by the way you need to go to my blog!!!