Thursday, January 24, 2008

New Definition of Cold

Okay...so I bucked up...geared up...and got outside yesterday. When I left on my 6 miler it was 19 degrees. The way I usually get myself out the door in winter is by reminding myself that I'm always nice and toasty warm at the end of the run...that didn't happen yesterday. I was an ice cube. My fancy zoot suit did not suffice against these elements. Maybe if it had been 20 degrees it would have worked:) But one funny thing did happen. As I was running along I kept running through what felt like bug patches. You know, like when it's really hot outside and you run or walk through a patch of bugs. And I'd swipe around my face for a second and then it would happen again. Here is what I finally discovered....UNBELIEVABLE....my breath was freezing in the air and then hitting me in the face-in small buglike droplets! CRAZY! I am CRAZY! Suffice it to say, I am not running today. Although it is 25 degrees right now! Wooo-hooo!

3 comments:

Lori said...

It has been soooo cold, I totally believe it. That's funny.
One time I went outside with damp hair when it was super cold and my ponytail turned into a big ice block. :)
Spring must be getting close right???

Allison said...

That IS crazy! It's times like this that I wonder why we live here and not in Arizona! Then I remember the summers there!

Lisa said...

yeah, last week it was 20 below zero every day. THAT is a cold I have never experienced. It's actually painful.